Monday, 10 September 2012

Fracking in the Karoo

Okay, let me begin by saying that I live in the picturesque town of Prince Albert, in the Karoo. Large oil companies are very interested in my home, because there is said to be a whole lot of shale gas, that can be mined or 'fracked' relatively easily. I don't know much about the whole situation, but I do know that if it becomes a reality, that Karoo will be very negatively affected by it because of the waste that is produced and the strain it will put on our water resources.

Karoo, currently

The fracking moratorium was lifted on September the 7th, as in last Friday. The main thing that I am worried about is turning the current splendor of the Karoo into something ugly and infected.

Please NO!
A group of people in my hometown have come together with a common goal; to protest the fracking nearby. A meeting will be held soon, and i will update all of you on the groups plans.

Peace and love

No comments:

Post a Comment